Developmental editing takes what you've already written and shows you how and where it can be improved. This one-on-one support provides guidance on how to get your ideas across more clearly and powerfully. Your message will be better positioned to be heard without embarrassing errors and inconsistencies to detract from your ideas and credibility.
Developmental editing presents itself in a number of ways:
- Flagging inconsistencies.
- Identifying gaps in logic, content, and concepts.
- Reorganizing sections for a more coherent narrative.
- Rewriting to clarify meaning; trimming points standing in clarity’s way.
- Eliminating jargon to invite broader understanding and make words precise.
- Suggesting fuller explanations and detail to enrich story with color and depth.
- Fine-tuning for consistency and emphasis in the writer’s voice.
- Ensuring the piece works as a whole and for its intended audience.
- Assisting to plan a new project’s concept, organization, and features.
- Correcting grammar, punctuation, misspellings, and typos.
- Adhering to word counts, style guidelines, and editorial policies.
- Providing impartial feedback.
- Helping you to grow as a writer.